What We Collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us We collect your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), and other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site. We allow you to access third party services, such as Facebook and Twitter, to import information about who you are connected with on those other services so you can connect with them on the Site. Some of those third party services may also provide us with information from your accounts there to enhance and personalize your use of this Site; you may modify your privacy settings with those other services directly.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Public Content. You can contribute to the Site in a number of different ways, including uploading photos, embedding videos, participating in forums, tagging products, filling out your public profile, and voting on other users’ contributions. We may store these contributions (your “Public Content”), display them to other users, and use them for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personally identifiable information in your Public Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Public Content.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- If you post Public Content on the Site, we may distribute such Public Content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their own websites and media platforms. We allow you to access third party services, such as Facebook and Twitter, to share your selected Public Content with those services.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
- Children. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to Company through the Site represents that they are 13 years of age or older. We ask for and store users’ date of birth to ensure they are 13 or older, but do not share that information unless the user chooses to share it on the user’s profile. If you believe that we have collected information from an individual under the age of 13, please contact us so that we may take appropriate steps to address the issue.
- Advertising and Remarketing
- Information Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
- Security of Your Personal Information. We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.