RIT Off-Campus HousingRent College Pads works hard to help college students at RIT find the best off-campus housing options in Rochester near campus. Whether you are looking for an apartment or house for rent, Rent College Pads is your number one resource for Rit Off-Campus Housing.
Finding apartments at Rochester Institute of Technology has always been a chore. At Rent College Pads we're fixing that. All of our off-campus housing options have been verified and approved by our diligent team of campus managers. We even follow up with you and the landlord to make sure you’ve found your perfect house. Because there are so many options to consider before making a responsible renting decision, check out our Rochester Institute of Technology University apartment hunting guide below.
Whether you’re looking for an apartment close to campus or a property with certain utilities or amenities included, you need to start your search early in order to increase your chances of finding a housing option that meets everything you’re looking for. Based on the data we’ve collected, in order to beat the crowds, it would be best to start your search in January. January is the month before the peak number of off-campus housing searches in February, therefore, in order to increase your pool of potential housing options, we highly recommend starting in January before the max number of searches in the year are conducted in February.
Rent in Rochester, NY
With so many other expenses we have to account for, it’s important to we save every penny possible. One of the best ways in which a college student can save money is by sharing a house. Now we know that having roommates isn’t always the ideal situation, but the money you’ll save will be well worth it. In general, the more roommates you add, the more your rent decreases. This is shown in the chart below of the data we’ve collected on the average price per person in studio, one, two, three, and four bedroom apartments and houses. As you can see, the more roommates you acquire, the less money you’ll be spending per month on housing. However, two and three bedroom houses are relatively similar when it comes to the average price per person, so if you’re looking to have the least number of roommates possible and still save a little bit of cash, a two bedroom apartment might be exactly what you’re looking for. If you’re willing to spend the extra money, the studio and one bedroom apartments are more expensive, but they offer a wide variety of special features and amenities!
Here's a breakdown of average rent, per person, per bedroom:
With such a diverse culinary atmosphere, Rochester offers restaurants to please even the pickiest of eaters! From vegan restaurants to Caribbean-inspired fare, there’s so much to choose from! So, the next time you’re in the car with your friends and someone says they don’t know where they want to eat, pull up the google results for restaurants in the area and have them take a look because we guarantee they’ll find something that suits their taste buds.
1. The Revelry
2. The Owl House
3. Good Luck
1. Lux Lounge
2. The Old Toad
3. 140 Alex Bar & Grill
4. Half Pint Pub
If your town has as many outdoors activities available as Rochester does, then you might find it difficult to stay indoors all day. If that’s the case, then we have a few ideas that can help you get out of the house and explore all of the natural gems that Rochester has to offer!
1. Take a walk through the Sunken Garden
2. View a variety of different rose types at the Maplewood Rose Garden
3. Have a picnic at the Seneca Park
4. Play Frisbee at Cobb’s Hill Park
5. Take pictures of the waterfall at High Falls
With such a busy lifestyle, we all need a day to decompress and treat ourselves to something outside of our daily routine. Below is a list we’ve compiled of the top activities you can do in the Rochester area, so put a stop to your monotonous routine and live a little! Here are a few of the ideas we’ve come up with to help you break the cycle…
· Go on an African safari tour at the Seneca Park Zoo: Visit this veteran zoo that features native and exotic animals
· Take a ride at the Seabreeze Amusement Park: 4th oldest amusement park in the United States.
· Explore the Rochester Museum and Science Center: Features a planetarium with films and star shows
· View the medieval and contemporary artwork in the Memorial Art Gallery
· Explore the Susan B. Anthony Museum & House and hear the story of the civil rights hero
Search By Bedrooms
Search By Unit Type
Search By Feature
- Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments with Dishwasher
- Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments with AC
- Pet Friendly Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments
- Furnished Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments
- Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments wih Heat Included
- Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments wih In-Units Laundry
- Rochester Institute of Technology Apartments with Parking