The decision to move off campus is a big deal for students. In college, you should have at least one year to experience living in a dorm. If anything, at least you’ll have crazy stories from your dorm experience. But after that, many will agree that moving to IUP off campus housing is way better than living in the dorms for these reasons:
1) You don’t have to deal with community assistants knocking at your door when you have more than two people in your dorm because they swear you’re having a party.
2) You don’t have to hide your alcohol, lights or whatever other things the university deems “illegal” during room checks.
3) You can have as many people as you want to visit you and they can stay as long as they want.
4) If you’re 21 and just so happen to live near Philadelphia Street, congratulations, you are so much closer to the bars. This means that your weekends are going to be so much more convenient than if you were live on-campus.
5) YOU HAVE A KITCHEN! Seriously, campus food and takeout get’s old after a while. There’s nothing like making a home-cooked meal with your friends.
Living off campus is one of the best experiences you will have in college. What’s better than having your own place where you can live with your friends and decorate however you want? If you’re lucky, financial aid might even cover all or most of your rent, or you could get a refund check. Move off campus. You’ll regret it if you don’t.